Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Famous Pumpkin Pie

I love the season for pumpkin pie. This is my favorite pie and I can eat it anytime. I first tried this pie on Thanksgiving Day and had to get the recipe from my sister-in-law. It's very delicious and easy to make. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
4 large eggs
1 can (29 oz.) Libby 100% pure pumpkin
2 cans (12 fl oz. each) Carnation Evaporated Milk
2 unbaked 9 inch pie shells


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and coves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

3. Pour into pie shells.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake additional 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you loads and our times in the kitchen..."that's what she said" "who said" "the girl" hahaha and then I cut myself...now u can follow me on my blog if you are not too busy that is hahahah....love you babe

    ReplyDelete